7 Lessons from These 3 Girls
- Kids need and want some simple things, like courteous communication between their parents.
- No matter how small the topic (birthdays, holidays, pickups, etc.), parent fights leave kids badly hurt.
- Kids don't want one parent to win the fight; kids want one parent to stop the fight.
- Kids almost never care about the things we parents are fighting about; they just want the fights to stop.
- When parents fight, kids' real needs can become invisible.
- Kids experience attacks between their parents as attacks on them.
- Parent fights can force kids to try to resolve adult issues - and to blame themselves when they fail.